A simple maple bacon vinaigrette to bring bacon to salads everywhere.
Write a review
- 1/3 cup maple vinegar
- 1/4 cup bacon fat
- 1 large glove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1 strip of bacon
- 2 tsp chopped basil (fresh) - can be replaced with 1/2 tsp dried basil.
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Crush the garlic under the blade of a knife. If you don't know how to do this, look it up. It's easy.
- Finely chop the strip of bacon.
- Put bacon fat in a pan to heat it up over medium-low heat.
- Once the bacon fat is warm, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix over medium-low heat for a few minutes to let the flavours mingle.
- Remove from heat, pour in a mason jar.
- Shake well - the mustard will help keep it from separating.
- Pour over salad and serve.
- Once the dressing cools down the bacon fat will congeal. Don't be a wuss, it's still delicious. If this really bothers you, use olive oil and two strips of bacon.