Double-Smoked Bacon Meatballs
Meatballs made with bacon and ground pork; a smokey main course for any meal.
Write a review
- 1lb ground pork
- 1lb double-smoked bacon
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Take the bacon and cut it up until it's essentially ground. You could use a food processor for this, but I like playing with knives.
- Mix the ground bacon, ground pork, and spices together in a bowl.
- Mix in the two eggs (without the shell, shells are bad).
- Form into balls and sear in a frying pan - preferably in bacon fat.
- Once the outside has been browned lightly, put onto a baking sheet to finish in the oven.
- We added a half cup of breadcrumbs because we were afraid they wouldn't hold together, but we did 4 balls without the breadcrumbs because Wyatt can't eat bread and they held up just fine. So I've removed the breadcrumbs from the recipe because they weren't necessary. If you want to, though, I would recommend using panko breadcrumbs because they don't have much salt and these have enough salt with the bacon.