Bacon Fried Rice
Melissa's famous fried rice - with bacon! BACON!
Write a review
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 green pepper
- 3 sticks celery
- 4 green onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10-15 mushrooms
- 10 strips bacon
- 1/4-1/2 cup soya sauce (to taste)
- 1/4 cup bacon fat
- Dice all the vegetables, except the garlic.
- Mince the garlic.
- Cut the bacon into chunks, whatever size you want in your rice.
- Melt the bacon fat in the bottom of the wok over medium heat.
- Once the garlic starts to cook, mix in the rest of the vegetables.
- Increase heat to medium-high and continue cooking.
- Once vegetables begin to cook (green peppers lighten slightly) add in the rice and bacon.
- Add the soya sauce and continue to cook over medium-high heat.
- Cook until the rice is piping hot and the bacon and vegetables are mixed well throughout.
- Add more bacon than we did.